Saturday 12 January 2019

A Victorian Midwife


I posted this a while back. On Facebook

We are a large family and we always have a Baby Due, and having attended many births myself I know that God's presence is called for from start to finish. The overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love for your Wife is undescribable.

The Honor to meet and have a Conversation with a Midwife from Victorian Times who lived her life serving other women without reward who relied upon the powers of Heaven constantly is a feeling I will never forget.

----------------------------------

In 1989 I was Called to a Ladies Home in Bolton, She had her handbag Stolen with her Keys so her Locks needed changing.

This Lady was 100 years Old and was extremely small.

She was telling Me about herself, she had been a Midwife, not a Trained Midwife but from a young age helped Mothers who were poor and couldn't afford Doctors or paid Midwife's, she lived by the goodwill of people in the community giving her assistance.

When she was called for a Delivery she told me how she prepared, she would Kneel on the stone floor and Pray Vocally for God's help in Delivering the Baby, she attributed her success entirely to God's assistance.

She said "I Never Lost a Mother", I realised that she lived in Victorian Times, where if you walk through the Graveyards of that Era and read the Headstones, there were lots of Mothers and Babies who did not Survive Childbirth.

I felt honoured to be with her as she shared her simple experience with me, we both had tears in our eyes.

I had it confirmed to me that being a Midwife is a Sacred Call.




No comments:

Post a Comment