Monday 14 January 2019

Hoarding Locks

Locksmiths that are interested in Locks, Keep Old ones to measure them, Collect the Levers and Keys and of course come in useful for Spares.

Being a Locksmith I used to Collect Interesting Locks and Keys, if it wasn't the whole lock it would be the component parts in boxes, bolts, levers and of course noting from which time period they came from and changes in manufacturing processes.

So the hallway would be filled with boxes, 2 Outhouses, boxes in the dining room, our bedroom on shelves and under the bed, window ledges and I hadn't stopped bringing things home it seemed normal behaviour, I had complaints from my wife but they had died down over time but bringing new things into the house were getting difficult.

One night I had a dream that Everything would go (not be there anymore) I woke up in the Morning and thought about it, then dismissed it, that was never going to happen, No Way.

Not Long after that  Lee Reynolds suggested that we move to Astley into a Bungalow, it had a Garage so there was no need to worry about my Boxes of Locks.

When we moved Everything fitted in, there were Masses of Crates filling the garage from floor to ceiling and there were no Locks in the Bungalow.

A couple of years later Lee started to Completely Rebuild the inside of the House I live in now and put a Kitchen Extension at the rear, when there was only a couple of months to go before we moved in I was concerned because there was no Shed or Garage at the rear of the House.to put my Locks into, but Lee had provided a Large Space in his Business Unit in Swinton to put my boxes into.

As time rolled on I discovered that I didn't need the Stuff Anymore, any most of it was scrapped, and my Dream had been fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment