Sunday 13 January 2019

She is Coming to See You

I thought long and hard about writing this post because I didn't want others to feel that I was favoured by God, I know that God deals with us all equally, we all get promptings.


Some years ago I was packing my tools away in my Van after finishing a Job in Silver Street in Bury Manchester I was working late it was after 7-8 pm ish and at the far end of Silver Street a Lady caught my attention, She was walking Briskly with a sense of purpose, I had the feeling that she was coming to me, as I glanced again that feeling was reinforced so I decided to look into the Van as if I was searching for something, there were other people on the street so I wondered about that feeling I had so clearly that she was coming to me.

She came up to me and asked me directly "are you a Priest" ?...... as it happened I was a Priest, I was a Bishop of  ‘The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints’ (Mormons) a role very similar to a Vicar, I had a normal job a Locksmith and was many miles away from where my Church was, also I looked and was dressed as a workman, not as a Priest.

So I was thinking is this a scam or a trick, is this how she asks people for Money, regrettably I said No and pointed to a Large Church of England Church across the Road ( I could see the Lights On and the Choir was Rehearsing) The Priest is in there I said.

I asked her why she needed a Priest, she said “there is no Food in my House and we have nothing to eat and no Money” and walked away towards the Church.

I felt bad, in someone's hour of need I had let them down, I sat in the Van  and felt disappointed with myself, she had obviously been Praying for help and even though i was dressed as a workman Heavenly Father had directed her to me and I had failed him.

I knew I couldn't go away without knowing that she had received some help.
I walked over to the Church and saw her sitting half way down listening to the Choir, waiting for them to finish, there might not have been a Priest present so I gave her £25 and went back to my Van.
I would do it differently next time.


---------------------------------------------

Spiritual Experiences from God are available to us all, this experience didn't happen to me because I was a Priest, This lady needed Help, Heavenly Father chose me to help and gave me a prompting, and I was Listening.

I have had other experiences in a similar vein :

------------------------------------------------

I was parked in a long street in Wigan doing some paperwork  it was evening and the Sun was setting, I noticed a Man in the distance walking in my direction, again I had the prompting that He was coming to see me, he was on the opposite side of the road and wasn't looking at me, walking at a slow but steady pace, he passed my Van, then he crossed the road to talk to me at my window.

"Can you Help me, I am living at my Brothers House, and because he has a new Girlfriend has asked me to leave, its going to be very cold tonight and I will be Sleeping on the Streets but I have a plan, i'm going to buy some cans of Lager and get drunk so I wont feel the cold, then I can sleep until Morning, can you give me £3 please"?.
I gave him £5.   Heavenly Father must have agreed with the plan, (Medicinal Purposes)

-----------------------------------------------

It was Nighttime  about 10pm I was in a Kentucky Fried Chicken car park eating Chicken!. I had finished a Callout, the car park was packed, then on the other side of the car park a Lady got out of her Car with a Bag of  Rubbish, again I had the prompting that She was coming to see me, she walked across the car park slowley and deposited the bag in the Bin, then came to my window.

"Im sorry to disturb you and i'm embarrassed to ask you but  we came for a treat and spent the last of my money till tomorrow, but I have just had a text to say my Sister in Hospital and I don't have enough Petrol to get there and back, can you give me £5 Please," ?
I gave her £5      ( Im getting used to this now)

-------------------------------------------------

Last Year it was 3:15 in the afternoon, I was Driving, My wifes Sister name came into my mind, I thought about it for a moment then pulled over and parked. I phoned my wife and asked her if Agnes was ok,  she said she didn't know of any problems, I said I will transfer her some Money, How much shall I send, Christina said £30, I transfered £50 then carried on Driving.

I later found out that :- At 3:15 Agnes had a Phone call from her Bank Manager (because Agnes was a Widow he tried to help her as much as he could) he said there was an item to be paid from her account today and funds need to be deposited by 3:30,  otherwise charges would be made.

By 3:17 the Funds were in her Bank, she didn't know about my deposit until Christina phoned Agnes that evening.    I am sure that Agnes would have prayed for an answer to this urgent problem. 

-------------------------------------------

God will give promptings to all of his children of any Faith or no Faith, Worthy or Unworthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment