Sunday 13 January 2019

Saved By The Virgin Mary

About 30 years ago a Lady phoned me she wanted an extra Lock fitting on her Bungalow Front Door, I went over to her Home and fitted the Lock, whilst working she was telling me that she had been a Nun all her Life but had retired due to ill health, such a nice lady very pleasant and content with life.
I fitted the Lock and gave her the Two Keys and showed her how to use the Lock, she paid me and I left.

It was a typical Job for that time, years go many Homes only had a Yale Lock on their Front Door and most of my work was fitting an extra 5-Lever Deadlock to increase their Security.

The next Saturday she phoned me, she said that during the Night she Woke Up see someone at the Bottom of her Bed who after a short while went away, she checked the Front Door and it was still Locked on the Mortice Lock and she can only assume that someone had got in with a Key.
I went straight round to see her, I got a new Lock from by Van, replaced it and gave her the Two Keys.
I knew she didn't think that I had an extra Key but I assured her that no one else had a Key but her.

Another week passed and again on the Saturday Morning the Police phoned me, “Could I come round to this Lady's House because she has had an Intruder during the Night and I had recently changed her Lock”. Now I was worried, The Lady didn't think it was me but by the tone of the Policeman on the phone, it was definitely a possibility.

When I arrived I told the Police about the previous visits, showed him a New Lock in the Packet where it shows that there are Two Keys provided, he took me over to see the Lady and asked her to relate what had happened: she said she awoke in the Night to see a stranger at the bottom of her bed and became very upset, then the Virgin Mary Appeared by her side and the Stranger went away.
The Policeman said (pointing at me) This gentleman is going to fit a New Lock in your Door that no one will be able to open but yourself, assuring her that this would not happen again, and gave me a Wink, I immediately changed the Lock again and gave her the Keys.

The Lady was very grateful to us both, the Policeman expertly gave her peace of mind, just like a Father would do for a young Child, I didn't hear from her again but I was very grateful for the timely intervention of the Virgin Mary to this Lovely Devoted Lady, and I hoped that the special witness she had would continue with her (minus the stranger).

No comments:

Post a Comment