Sunday 13 January 2019

RETURN VISIT

A Lady Customer Phoned me this week she couldn't Lock her back door, I had been to this Ladies Home a couple of days ago to replace a mechanism to her Upvc Door, so I went straight back to see what the problem was.

True enough it wasnt Shutting, then she pointed to the top hinge pin which had come out "could This Be The Problem, she said". When I popped it in, everything was Ok.

She then pointed into the Garden where there was an ancient Carousel washing Line folded-up, "Could you see if you can Fix it for me Mr Towler" she said in her best School Mistress Voice, I'll have a look at it, I said and went out into the Garden, WD40 was required in good quantity, eventually I got it Working.

I remember seeing a Broken Corkscrew Puller and a Broken pair of Scissors on the Kitchen Surface, I felt sure that they were next on the list for me to fix.

She asked me to fix the Scissors first, they needed a new rivet to hold them together, then it was the Corkscrew, the thread had worn out and the bolt wouldn't stay in place, I Tapped the Hole to a larger size and replaced the Bolt.

Next it was the Knob to a Kitchen cupboard, it needed a longer screwed thread, then it was the Front Panel to a set of drawers to Glue and screw together.

You have done very well there Mr Towler, indicating that I was Free to Go.
Those Lovely older Ladies, it's a pleasure to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment