Sunday 13 January 2019

Chinese Student

A while ago I got a phone call from a student, a Chinese Girl, the Conversation was very difficult because she was hard to understand but I did manage to gather that her bicycle lock wouldn't open and that her bicycle was very important to her.

When there's a Language problem it's better to go and look, so I told her I would come to see her.
I knew it was going to be a (Charity job) (Freeman's) (pro bono) but it seemed that her whole world depended on that Cycle.

I arrived and opened it in Seconds, ( it was a Cheap Nasty Lock) then came the awkward part, she asked how much were my charges, I said I only charge Students £40 she Almost collapsed I asked her how much she thought it would be she said about £2 or £3 pounds,  I was pleased to tell her there was no charge, my payment was the joy and gratitude that she exhibited, a lovely girl, a stranger to our country she needed a little help.

No comments:

Post a Comment