Sunday 13 January 2019

Smart Rabbi

It’s nice to have a Job that let's you meet people and enjoy the experience.
I did a Call-Out to a Synagogue and Jewish School yesterday, it was very refreshing to see so many young Boys being so Polite and very Adult in behaviour and of course very interested in what I was doing, Boys have a natural interest in Locks and Keys (just like me).

I Fitted a Burglar Alarm for a Synagogue in the late 1970’s, after it was finished I said to the Rabbi “who is going to switch the Alarm Off on Saturday Morning”, this was something he hadn't considered.
(Jews should not Switch Electrical Circuits on the Sabbath and Caretakers in Synagogues are always Non-Jewish).

The Rabbi thought about the Problem for a Moment and asked me to get the Caretaker for him,
When the Caretaker came out of the Rabbi's office he looked perplexed, other Men of the Synagogue were nearby and asked him what the Matter was, he said the Rabbi asked me to leave the Shoes that I planned to wear on Saturday in the Synagogue on Friday Night, the other Men said “it’s easy, you wake up on Saturday Morning and get Dressed, then you remember that you're Shoes are in the Synagogue so you go and get them and switch the Alarm off when you get there’’.

No comments:

Post a Comment